After a long hiatus from blogging, I’m ready to make my comeback. Today, M and I closed on our first house.
Actually, M closed on his first house–I’m just a squatter at this point, because the closing company forgot to include me on the deed. 😐
After an emotional rollercoaster of a house-buying experience, we’re finally ready to start renovations to become one step closer to move-in day!
Inspired from several home improvement bloggers, including Young House Love and Ugly Duckling House, I’m hoping to post a series of blog posts in the next few weeks chronicling our DIY home improvement projects. We’re fortunate enough to have two construction-savvy fathers to lean on when we need help, as well as several family friends with electrical, plumbing and HVAC experience.
We’ve got a lot of work to do before we can move in:
- Update tub/shower plumbing and faucets
- Replace current tile with a cleaner, modern look. (I’m thinking white subway tile with dark grout)
- Add an electrical outlet
- Replace Cabinets and counter tops
- Install new sink
- Repaint kitchen (potentially)
- Install Refrigerator
- Replace return air grilles
- Fix breaker box (Half of the house is powerless!)
- Paint basement and garage floor
- Paint basement and garage walls with dry-lock
- Cover wooden crossbeam in garage with fire-resistant drywall
- Fix basement stairs
- Install washer & dryer
I’ll post some an update shortly with some photos of our future home…